This DIY is beautiful and super yummy. It is amazingly easy to do and it looks great. Making your own lip stain sounds tedious and expensive! But guess what.. You only need 1 product! The only thing you need to buy for this DIY is… Kool-Aid! Yup, that powder that you would put in your water as a kid to make it taste like fruit punch. I warn you: you’re going to be licking your lips all night!
Here is a chart of how each Kool-Aid flavor colors your lips:
-Cherry = orange red
-Tropical Punch = bright red
-Peach Mango = peach
-Pink Lemonade = Barbie pink
-Strawberry Kiwi = light red
-Grape = purple
You can put the powder in a little bowl, or you can just use the actual package it comes in.
- Put a little bit of water on your finger and dip it in the powder.
- Rub your finger all over your lips.
- Wet a Q-Tip and go over your lips to take out any clumps that might have formed.
- OPTIONAL: Apply some lips gloss over the stained lips for a different look.
Done! Super easy, super delicious, super gorgeous!!!
I love having cool and unique designs on my nails. One design I absolutely ADORE is tuxedo nails. This super chic nail art is only 7 steps. People are going to be so impressed with you design and only you will know how super easy it is to make!
Things You’ll Need:
-White nail polish
-Black nail polish
-Black strip nail polish
- Apply base coat to protect your nails.
- When top coat is dry, apply two coats of white nail polish.
- Start at the top corner of nail and draw two diagonal lines to make a V shape.
- Fill the outer part of the V with black nail polish.
- Draw two small dots right on top of each other in the middle of the white V.
- Right on top of the two dots, create an X with your striping polish and fill it in.
- Apply a top coat to protect your design.
Here is a YouTube video on how to create this design. CutePolish has super awesome nail art and they are so easy to do! http://youtu.be/jYDwteRRwNY
My last post was about the products I would buy over and over again because of the quality and usefulness of the product. I thought it would be helpful if I provided you a list of the top 5 product I regret buying. Some of the products might work well with other people, they just didn’t impress or benefit me. In no way am I saying these products won’t work for you; I just either didn’t like them or they didn’t work for my skin.
- Maybelline’s “Age Rewind” concealer. This concealer actually gave my a rash under my eyes the first time I used it. My sister uses it all the time, I just don’t think it works as well as my other concealers.
- ELF “Eyelid Primer.” A lot of people purchase this product because it is so cheap. I find that it is too creamy and it doesn’t hold my eye shadows as long as my other primers do.
- Victoria’s Secret’s “Triple Drama” mascara. This mascara makes my lashes REALLY clumpy. The actual wand holds too much product and it doesn’t allow for an even placement.
- NYC’s “2 in 1 Lip Color” in Spellbound. I bought this product for Halloween because I thought it would nice for an angel look. The lip color isn’t pigmented enough. It actually works better as a highlighter than it does as a lipstick.
- Yes To Tomatoe’s “Clear Skin” mask. These products are suppose help eliminate acne, but I found it actually caused more acne to appear on my face.
I know buying makeup and hair products can sometimes be overwhelming. I thought it would be nice if I posted about 5 of the products I bought in the past that were so amazing I would buy them again. With every product, I’ll write a little something as to why I would repurchase the specific item.
- MAC’s “Soft Ochre” Paint Pot. I use this paint pot EVERY TIME I apply my make-up. I use it as a base for my eyeshadow because my eyelids tend to be oily and this product keeps them matte and doesn’t allow for my shadow to crease.
- Benefit’s “Hoola” bronzer. This product looks amazing on almost any skin tone. It is my go-to bronzer and I use it to define my cheekbones.
- L’Oreal’s “Telescopic” mascara. I don’t have super long eyelashes, but this mascara lengthens them to incredible heights!
- Nyx’s “Jumbo Eye Pencil.” I use the color Milk the most. They are just awesome when you apply them before a specific eye shadow because they intensify the color and doesn’t allow the shadow to disappear.
- Josie Maran’s “100% Pure Argan Oil.” I use this oil on my face right before I go to bed. I wake up in the morning with beautify hydrated skin.
I hate those mornings when I wake up and look in the mirror to see a frizzy mess on top of my head! Bad hair days are the worst! Usually, I would just put my hair up in an ugly ponytail or messy bun, but today I’m going to show you how to create a fabulous, easy, and oh-so beautiful bun using… wait for it… A SOCK! Yes, this look is so elegant and it only takes about 5 minutes to complete. Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Cristina Milan, and Lauren Conrad have all been spotted rocking this new look.
Things You’ll Need:
– 1 tube sock
– 1 ponytail holder
-1 rubber band
– A pair of scissors
– A couple of bobby pins
- Cut off the toe area of your tube sock.
- Roll the toe-less sock into a doughnut a set aside.
- Pull all your hair back and secure it with an elastic at the crown. This step is very important because you need to make sure your hair is tightly secured for your sock. Also, make sure your hair is flat with no bumps. This is probably the longest step because your goal is to make sure your hair is smooth and secure.
- Place the sock doughnut at the very end of the ponytail and pull strands through the hole in the center until you reach the crown of your head.
- Tilt your head forward and drape your loose ponytail over the doughnut. You should cover the whole doughnut with your hair and be able to feel a hole in the middle.
- Take your rubber band and snap it over the hair. At this point you should have a doughnut with hair sticking out of all sides.
- This step is all up to you: You can either use the remaining hair and secure it around the base of the bun with bobby pins, or you can make it a little bit more romantic by braiding the remaining hair and wrap that around your bun. I personally love braiding the hair, it adds a bohemian vibe.
- The final step is applying hairspray to keep your beautiful bun in place!